theroyalhistory: The Duke of Edinburgh and Pr…

theroyalhistory:

The Duke of Edinburgh and Princess Anne, 1954

theroyalhistory: The Scotsman, August 21, 1…

theroyalhistory:

The Scotsman, August 21, 1947

theroyalhistory: Princess Margaret and Prince…

theroyalhistory:

Princess Margaret and Princess Elizabeth (Queen Elizabeth II) with corgi Jane, Windsor Castle, 1941

theroyalhistory: Princess Margaret, Queen Eli…

theroyalhistory:

Princess Margaret, Queen Elizabeth (the Queen Mother) and Princess Elizabeth (Queen Elizabeth II), Windsor Castle, 1941

theroyalhistory: Prince Philip acts as best m…

theroyalhistory:

Prince Philip acts as best man in the wedding of William Kirby and Helene Foufounis (Duke of Edinburgh), 1938

theroyalhistory: Northern Whig, September 9…

theroyalhistory:

Northern Whig, September 9, 1946

theroyalhistory: Col. Michael Bowes-Lyon (bro…

theroyalhistory:

Col. Michael Bowes-Lyon (brother of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother) and Prince Philip (later Duke of Edinburgh), leaving Crathie Church during a visit to Balmoral while engagement rumours swirled, September 1946

theroyalhistory: Queen Elizabeth (the Queen M…

theroyalhistory:

Queen Elizabeth (the Queen Mother), Princess Elizabeth (Queen Elizabeth) and Princess Margaret, South Africa, 1947

margaretroses: The Duchess of York and Prince…

margaretroses:

The Duchess of York and Princess Elizabeth photographed by the Duke of York at Glamis Castle in 1930.

margaretroses: Princess Elizabeth and the Duc…

margaretroses:

Princess Elizabeth and the Duchess of York photographed during the construction of ‘Y Bwthyn Bach’ or The Little House, which was a gift from the people of Wales for the princess’s sixth birthday in 1932. 

The cottage came complete with electric lighting and running water as well as cutlery, utensils and furniture. At 22 feet wide and 15 feet high, it was built to two-fifths scale and contained a living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret looked after it themselves and for many years it was their favourite toy. It was installed in the grounds of Royal Lodge, where it still remains in regular use by the current generation of royal children. (x)